Our Top Ten tips for a quality translation
Maximising your return on investment
You could save time and money by partnering with your translation provider and treating translation as an inherent part of your product or service.
Here are some of the ideas that we have gathered over 21 years in the business:
- Contact us at the very start of your translation process, and keep us informed of any changes throughout – these may affect price and delivery!
- Prepare before you start: Think carefully about content at the preparation phase of the original source document, is it clear, concise and jargon free? Can you eliminate repetitive sections? Do we need to be informed of specific terminology? We can help you avoid ambiguities and build up a glossary.
- Specify the target country and language, and consider whether any particular dialect(s) need to be used.
- Be clear on who will read the translation and how they will read it. For example tell us if a leaflet is for the patients or doctors.
- Tell us whether it is a one-off translation or part of a larger project
- Think about the final purpose(s) of the translation(s)
- Let us know the format! We can handle many formats including DTP packages, remember it takes longer to translate PDF files or hardcopies.
- Include key milestones in your project – for you and for us.
- Be clear about who needs to be involved in the project – before, during, on completion and beyond. Providing a single contact partner can speed things up by enabling any questions to be answered quickly and directly.
- Plan clearly how you will measure success.
It is important to us that we deliver exactly what you need from your translation. Please give us as much information as possible and we’ll do the rest!
Contact us for a translation quotation or call +44 118 934 6000 to talk about what you need.